Sonntag, August 20, 2006

vineyard & cooking for 45 people

busy end of the week.. today is the first relaxing day in two weeks, i was cooking lunch from rest-overs and lying on the beach.

on friday i cooked for the first time in my life for over 12 people. and this was far more, as the title says, namely for 45. salmon, smashed potatoes and some beetroot-in-oven-dish. i was cooking with another finnish girl, and an argentinian guy barbequed the salmon. nobody stayd hungry, and there was not too much leftovers. and they liked it (me too :)

on saturday we had an excursion to a vineyard - it took couple of hours with the bus to get there, so luckily we could sleep on the way after fridays party. vineyard was nice, and the 30 euros wine was nice as well - no more and no less. the smell was better than the taste, or i just let it rest in my glass too shortly. anyway, it didn't encourage me to buy 30 e wines in the future. there was a really cute cat in the vineyard. she liked all of us until suddenly - no more, please. with claws.

more interesting than the wounds was my overreaction. i was namely sure, that because a cat doesn't like me, there can't be too many other creatures in the world which would like me. probably my need of a hug accumulating over two weeks had reached certain threshold. so i missed G more than ever. i would also have needed a day off the group which i've been in the last two weeks (longer than ever this intensively in any group), which wasn't possible at that moment. after a good sleep and an easy day it all seems fine again.