Freitag, August 11, 2006

oyesters and exes

i ate my first oysters ever yesterday. they were pretty salty, and kind of weird, but if i didn't think about the slimy appearance (and that they were still alive as i swallowed them) they weren't that bad. definitely not my favorite dish, but i could eat them again. and lots of lemon juice helped. anyway, i'm constantly tired. working until 2 am doesn't really help. at least i didn't have to give up daily swimming yet. i'm getting pretty overloaded about all the new people, all new things i learned in the last four days. socializing with new people is the hardest part for me, although they are all nice, and some of them might become my friends for life, if i'm lucky.

an ex, let's call him Jorge, sent me a message yesterday. pretty surprising, we were out of contact for approximately four years, since he ditched be kind of rudely. yet, i got happy (at least happier i'd imagined). he's somewhere near munich, and asked, if i was around. well, bordeaux is almost as near munich as berlin. or something. it would be interesting to see him though, ask him whether he's still together with the girl he left me for and whether he graduated yet. and such stuff. small talk.

some people seem to stay friends with their ex. with all of them, at least the ones who are not real ass holes. or even if they were. i'm not one of those people. no matter whether i or the other one quitted the relationship, i don't have any contact with any of my exes anymore. all of them live now in a different city and/or country with me anyway, which makes meeting them occasionally in the street pretty unlikely. and once the contact gets lost, it seems kind of artificial to me to send a message to say something like 'hi ex! how are you? i just happened to think about you after all these years. no, i didn't just stop dating someone so i didn't want to ask whether you are available for sex. you know, we used to have fun, actually.' well, in the first christmas after breaking up Jorge and i sent x-mas cards back and forth. next year one of us might have done. you see the development.

on the other hand, i'm still interested in what happens to people i used to like so much at some point. so i google them occasionally. now that i think, this seems kind of distant. namely, i was lately with G in a wedding party of an ex of hers. my first gay wedding ever, and pretty sweet. the whole thing makes me think what happens if a not-keeping-in-touch-person and a keeping-in-touch-person break up. hmm. and being friends can also be defined in many ways..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

I am going to leave my working place in a few minutes and after that leaving berlin too (only for the weekend) instead of blue sea I will have a blue lake and a big forest around me. And then there are also will be about 30 kids (age from 4 to 16) who are often very loud and always around you: what is it ? what are we doing after lunch? are you staying here until next friday?...no am not I am leaving you again on sunday but the night before sunday I hopefully can be somewhere in the forest and the kids too - and the difference will be that I know where they are but they do not know where I am!!
Beside the kids there will also be some freaks I know since I was 9 years old and I am looking forward to see them soon :)
next time looking on this site will be on sunday evening..

11 August, 2006 16:30  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home