Dienstag, August 08, 2006

mistaken to a boy

we were eating the dinner in a restaurant near the hotel. the owners have a beautiful, really cute four year old daughter, who was testing our french knowledge while we were waiting for the food. my french knowledge is just the basics. the other ones next ot me new even less french. so i got a little confused, when she asked me whether i was a boy or a girl. 1) she had to repeat herself three times so that i understood her and 2) at first i was sure she meant the transgender gothic girl sitting next to me. but she said 'non, toi', and i explained very shortly, lacking most of the words, that i'm a girl, although i have a really short hair.

it was the first time i was asked that, even though every second hair dresser cutting my hair warns me: 'but, but - you're gonna look just like a man with such a short hair'. well, now i finally believe them, at least to some extent. not that i'm concerned about it. and yes, cutting my hair at home would be much less expensive even with berlin rates. i just lack a good machine at the time.